Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Change In This Blog...

For quite a few years, I was a day trader in the stock market. In the last few weeks I have tested the waters to see if I could return to that profession. Based on what I have able to do so far, I have made the decision to return to it on a full time basis.

Because this requires that I review literally thousands of stocks per day and pay close attention to the incessant daily business news headlines, politics and this blog will have to take a back seat. I will continue to write but only on Sundays; occasionally on Saturdays, too.

To my dedicated readers, I thank you for your daily support.

My decision to do this is one of survival because I believe that serious inflation is ahead of us. If so, I must grow my current retirement savings to offset what I think will be a seriously sinking dollar and very expensive country to live in. I expect the tax burden on anyone who works in this country to be very high in the future because the rich -- the people that this government is aiming to bleed completely dry --- won't be as rich in the future and won't be able to pay all the taxes to keep this country afloat. Many of our wealthy may just leave the country and leave behind all of its punitive taxes. Then, too, major corporations may leave, also, or face a slow overtaxed extinction.

As always, this is just my opinion.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Just one more reason for me to look forward to the weekend. Best wishes!

Cheryl Pass said...

I will look forward to your weekend blogging! Wish I were smart enough to do that stock trading thing you are doing in order to stock up for the desolation our despicable government is raining down on us. Good luck!!