Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Lamest Excuse For Leon Panetta Heading Up The CIA

Ever since it has been known that Leon Panetta will head the CIA under Obama, I have heard a variety of excuses as to why he "should" be the chief of that extremely important intelligence group. But, no one has actually given any commentary as to why he is really qualified to run that show. Some say he is a smart guy and that's important because we don't want anymore dummies than we already have running things in Washington. Some say he is a proven organizer, but so is every gaffer on a movie set; but, I don't think any of them should be running the CIA. When it comes to his actual intelligence experience, I have consistently heard the same and lamest excuse that I have ever heard in support of his nomination. That dumb statement that seems to be getting a lot of traction among Panetta supporters is that he (Panetta) was the Chief of Staff under Clinton and he saw Intelligence reports every day from the CIA. That's like me saying I should be the managing editor at Time Magazine because I read it every week. Give me a break! Now I really know why Democrats have a jackass as their party's symbol.

Image by jaxxon's photostream on Flickr with Creative Commons Licensing. Some rights retained. (Click to View Other Works).

No comments: