Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Miracle of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

When Barack Obama displayed that "Presidential Seal" with his name on it, he was trying to tell us all that he was already the President of the United States. His speech to the Berliners in Germany also gave that not-so-subtle impression. When he said "he doesn't look like the other Presidents on the dollar bills," he was surely telling us that his Presidency was "just" a forgone conclusion. When he called his airplane "O-Force One", I have should have understood.

So, I think it is only right that I start addressing Senator Barack Obama by the name of Mr. President. After all, that is the proper address to be used for any President of the United States. No more Barry. No more Obama. No more Senator Obama. No more of the flippant usage of just Barack. He believes that he is already the President and, so, I will start using Mr. President. I personally apologize for not recognizing him as the President of the United States before this time. I don't know what I must have been thinking!

I have to leave, now. The Miracle of 34th Street is on TV and I just love that movie. You know. It's a story about a guy who "thinks" he's the "real" Santa Claus.

One last thought. I wonder if all those letters that are simply addressed to the "President of the United States" will now be forwarded to President Obama? I wonder?

Please Also Note: The use of the word "Miracle" in the title of this blog entry is not intended to be a racist remark. By no means should it be confused with Bill Clinton's use of the racist term: "fairytale".

No comments: